Provide service through the timely and accurate processing of customer transactions; provides general clerical and customer service support in the collection, verification and balancing of cash and credit receipts; provides effective and efficient accounting and revenue receipt support as assigned; provides professional, effective and efficient assistance to the general public. Receives daily direction from the Store Manager or Assistant Store Manager. Provides special assistance to the Store Manager, Assistant Manager, and Sales Associates as required for the proper functioning of their positions.
- Greet and assist customers; answer questions and provide information to the public.
- Collect and process customer transactions (credit, cash, check, etc.); assist in sorting and balancing receipts and payments; encode payments with proper accounting category; verify account information as requested.
- Prepare and balance cash register receipts daily; prepare cash for next business day.
- Accurately verify merchandise quantities, descriptions, and costs.
- Answer questions and provide information to the public; refer customer complaints and questions to appropriate department or staff member for resolution.
- Provide clerical support to assist designated staff in the completion of his/her duties and responsibilities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED.
- Six months experience in cash management, bookkeeping or similar work.
- Demonstrated experience in a customer relations setting.
- Knowledge of building products and departments where products are located.
- Knowledge of proper public contact and telephone etiquette.
- Knowledge of modern office procedures, methods and equipment.
- Knowledge of general bookkeeping practices.
- Knowledge and acceptance of the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Pleasant speaking voice and articulation.
- Ability to effectively present information and tactfully respond to questions from managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to flexibly adapt to a variety of work situations and interruptions.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to make correct change.
- Ability to learn DAHfH policies and procedures.
- Ability to simultaneously perform a variety of clerical functions.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
- Able to lift up to 35 pounds.
- Valid Texas driver’s license and operational vehicle.
- This job description should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbent will follow any other instructions and perform any other related duties as may be required by the supervisor.