Operates a mid-size truck over established routes within a local area and performs a variety of manual tasks related to the pickup and delivery of donated items and materials. May also perform related duties as required in warehouse facilities. Act as the face of Habitat when it comes to our donors. Must be able to interact with donors and represent Habitat with the utmost integrity and respect.
- Drives company vehicles to pick up and deliver merchandise from residential and commercial donors.
- Operates equipment necessary to unload or load truck, such as forklift, pallet jack, dollies and hand trucks and related material handling equipment.
- Provides customers/businesses with receipts for items or materials donated.
- Must follow driver donations cash procedures
- Relies on limited experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
- Performs a variety of tasks as assigned by supervisor.
- A certain degree of creativity and latitude is expected in making decisions concerning pickup of materials and goods.
- Performs general manual labor tasks including loading, unloading, lifting, and moving materials and goods.
- Greets and assists customers; answers questions and provides information when in ReStore.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to explain Habitat’s mission and how material donations are key aspect.
- High school diploma or GED preferred.
- Minimum 2 years driving experience with a valid Texas Driver License.
- Able to rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job.
- Knowledge and acceptance of the mission of Habitat for Humanity.
- Ability to be flexible and adapt to a variety of work situations and interruptions.
- Ability to work independently in the absence of supervision.
- Ability to learn Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity’s policies and procedures.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with fellow employees.
- Able to lift at least 50 pounds repeatedly and 100 pounds occasionally.
- Must be able to enter and exit truck consistently daily.
- Must have a clean driving record.
- Must have basic computer skills
- Must complete new driver certification.