The Director of Individual & Foundation Giving is responsible for developing, establishing and implementing a strategic plan of individual and foundation funding and relational support for the comprehensive services and programs of Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity. The funds raised through this position will support the integrated fund development plan that also includes donations and grants from local, state and federal agencies, corporations, faith groups and associations.
This position works closely with the executive team, board members and colleagues throughout Habitat to implement strategies to increase awareness of and support for the organization’s mission and goals.
This position is responsible for his/her own portfolio of major gift donors; providing leadership and direction for the annual giving manager; integrating development plans with the Marketing and Communications Director; developing and managing his/her budgets; partnering with development operations on stewardship and prospect management; participation in the Board Mission Advancement Committee; identifying and engaging new funding constituencies, etc.
- Develop strategic funding plan for individual and foundation support for the comprehensive “2020 plan of the Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity.”
- Identify, support and secure gifts from a portfolio of major gift donors, starting at $10,000.
- Oversee Annual Giving manager who is responsible for smaller annual gifts and donor cultivation events.
- Partnering with development operations, including, but not limited to, records management, prospect management strategies and stewardship/cultivation activities and plans.
- Develop, implement and manage “moves management” strategy for donors and prospects.
- Provide direction for development messaging and programs implemented through marketing and communications department, including, but not limited to, special events, E-philanthropy, and other programs of donor communications.
- Partner with VP to provide direction for and liaison with the Mission Advancement Committee of the Board of Directors.
- Work closely and collaboratively with the VP of Corporate Giving and Director of Volunteers.
- Develop and manage team budgets.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Demonstrated fundraising success and budget attainment
- Demonstrated success in major gifts solicitation.
- Extensive knowledge of Moves Management best practices.
- Leadership ability and previous executive project management experience.
- Demonstrated initiative, ability to work with multiple teams, and ability to lead and manage several functional areas. Experience in managing multiple responsibilities simultaneously.
- Strong professional written and verbal communication skills and outstanding interpersonal skills a must.
- Professional and cooperative manner and the ability to work with community leadership, board members and donors outside the organization.
- Demonstrated passion for and understanding of the organization’s mission, vision and values.
- Progressive thinker and visionary with complete understanding of fundraising management and external relations.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials with tight deadlines and simultaneously manage several projects.
- Ability to participate in and facilitate team-oriented and group meetings.
- Strong analytical, quantitative, problem-solving and technical skills.
- High energy, clear goal orientation and strong work ethic.
- Ability to represent Dallas Area Habitat for Humanity with diverse audiences.
- Ability to work occasional weekends and evenings as needed.
Education and/or Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s degree in business, finance, administration, marketing, or other professionally-related programs
- Professional experience in working with executive teams and external boards with a minimum of 6 to 8 years fundraising experience.
- Experience in recruiting, training and motivating staff and volunteers.
- Knowledge of the not for profit development, fundraising, business and civic community in the north Texas area a plus.