English | Spanish
Dallas Habitat builds high quality, energy efficient homes. Home styles may vary in each of our neighborhoods, but each is built with the same quality standards.
Depending on your family size you will qualify for a two, three or four bedroom home. Depending on the stage of construction, you may be able to choose your carpet, cabinet, vinyl, and window blind color to give your home a personal touch.
Habitat Homes are Energy Efficient and Built with Quality Materials. All homes since 2009 have been built to Energy Star and LEED specifications. This means that two different outside energy raters have certified that the homes meet their requirements to be considered energy efficient.
Dallas Habitat for Humanity homes are Energy Star Certified meaning that they are at least 15% more energy efficient than a new home built only to code. For more information click on the on the logos below to learn more about these certifications.
Dallas Habitat for Humanity Homes have the following:
• Energy Star appliances
• Low maintenance, long lasting exterior finishes (50 year life siding, 100 year brick, 30 year shingles)
• High quality, thermally efficient windows (Double pane, low E, low U-factor, high R-value)
• Completely enclosed building envelope with open cell spray to provide the highest level of Insulation and protection against air infiltration.
• Centralized High Efficiency HVAC system properly sized to maximize comfort and minimize operating costs. Also brings in and circulates fresh air from the outside.
• Radient barrier roof decking with air gap and continuous baffles allows hot air to escape and keeps the roof and home cooler.
• Insulated duct work within conditioned building envelope
• Wide roof overhangs that shade windows and minimize solar heat gain
• Low flow water saving faucets, showerheads and toilets
• Low VOC paint helps keep indoor environment healthy